Gods Commandments to Mankind!
Campfire Bible Study
#VII: THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTERY!
God Values Faithfulness and Sexual Purity!
What is Adultery? Matthew 5:31,32;
What is Fornication? (Sexual Immorality) Ephesians 5:1-4
Adultery (One partner is married): infidelity, disloyalty, falseness, treachery, betrayal, deceitfulness, unfaithlessness
Job 24:15; 1 Corinthians 6:18-20:
– Be faithful to one’s spouse. Love leads you onward. Lust leads you on!
– Marriage vows are made before God
– Despite difficulties vows should be honoured
– Any sexual immoral act betrays marriage vows
– Premarital sex is considered adultery
– When we break this commandment we are sinning against God, our spouse and our own bodies
– Anyone who commits adultery shall be put to death
– God equates unfaithfulness to Him with adultery
– Nathan confronted David about his adulterous act with Bathsheba
– David repented and wrote the 51st Psalm
– What is the key to Jesus’ teaching here? Adultery can be forgiven, but “Go and sin no more”
– Now Jesus speaks to what is in our heart! The condition of the heart can lead to adultery: Lust
1 Corinthians 6:8-11; 10:8:
– Grouping in Fornicators
1 Corinthians 7:1,2
Matthew 19:9; Hebrews 13:4:
– Reasons for divorce: Sexual immorality!
– If one is not able to stay faithful, perhaps one should not ever marry!
– Marriage is not honoured today and God will be the judge!
1 Corinthians 7:10-16:
– Paul takes adultery to a new level!
– “Release from bondage” means full liberty (free to remarry)
How to avoid adultery?
Philippians 4:6-8; Ephesians 5:3,4; 1 Thessalonians 4:1-5
Posted in Campfire Bible Studies by Sharon with no comments yet.