Gods Commandments to Mankind!
Campfire Bible Study
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â #IV:Â REMEMBER THE SABBATH DAY, TO KEEP IT HOLY!
God Values Rest, Spiritual Refreshment and
Time for His People to Worship Him!
- Observed on Saturday, the seventh day of the week, because God rested on the seventh day after creation.
- Genesis 2:2,3:Â Was the Sabbath given and ordered by God before the commandments were given to Moses on Mt. Sinai?Â YES! Sanctified:Â The act of making a thing pure and holy.â€”King James Dictionary
- Exodus 35:1-3: If one worked on the Sabbath what was the punishment? Death
- Isaiah 1:11-13:Â Isaiah outlined for us what God detests:Â a) meaningless sacrifices; b) empty obedience to religious festivals; c) new moon celebrations
- Leviticus 23Â Can you name the seven holidays that God instituted as sacred assemblies and special Sabbath days?Â (Handout) Passover, Unleavened Bread, Firstfruits, Weeks, Trumpets, Day of Atonement, Tabernacles
- Leviticus 25:8-33: God designated every 50 years to be a Sabbath year! A Year of Jubilee.Â The land would not be tilled, slaves were freed, alienated property restored!
- Luke 13:15,16:Â Jesus healed people on the Sabbath.Â Was that wrong for Him to work on the day God designated for rest?
- Synagogue rulers told the people to come back and be healed on any day but the Sabbath.
- Jesus rebuked him and the people that it is acceptable to have mercy on someone on the Sabbath.
- 2.Â Â Â Mark 2:27,28:Â Can one do good on the Sabbath or should he/she rest?Â What does Verse 28 mean? Â Â Verse 27. The Sabbath was made for man – And therefore must give way to man’s necessity; Verse 28. Moreover the Son of man is Lord even of the Sabbath – Being the supreme Lawgiver, he has power to dispense with His own laws; and with this in particularâ€”Wesley’s Commentary
- 3.Â Â Â Romans 14:5,6:Â There is some freedom in the special days!
- 4.Â Â Â Galatians 6:14-16:Â Jesus rose on Sunday, the first day of the week. Through Christâ€™s death and resurrection, He instituted a new creation.
- Galatians 4:9,10:Â Stop being bound by law and traditions to observe specific days!Â The Sabbath or the Celebration of the Resurrection (Sunday) is to be a holy day, to rest, refocus, and praise God through Christ.
A REMINDER:Â GOD OWNS ALL MY DAYS OF THE WEEK, ALL 7!
Posted in Campfire Bible Studies by Sharon with no comments yet.